About Hotel Brunswick
This hotel was built by John Mulligan and John W. “Watt” Thompson, partners in numerous projects including mining, construction, and property speculation. Their names adorn the cap stones at the top of the façade.
Built of stone from the local Metcalf quarry between 1907 and 1909, the hotel was the first three story building in Kingman. Bitter termination of the partnership in 1912 led to the literal division of the property with construction of a dividing wall. This would remain in place until 1966.
The hotel has a lengthy celebrity association. Edsel Ford was a guest in July 1916. Local legend has it that after marrying at the Methodist Episcopal Church in March 1939, Clark Gable and Carol Lombard attended an impromptu reception at the hotel bar. Senator Barry Goldwater often ate at the El Mohave restaurant that opened in 1959.